Friday, August 21, 2009

BARE KNUCKLE BRAWLERS 09


LAB Boston proudly presents the last art show at 113 brighton ave! “Bare Knuckle Brawlers,” the poster show for “Died Young, Stayed Pretty.” The opening reception was Friday, June 26th from 7-10pm, and will feature the following artists: James Quigley, Jesse Ledoux (who’s been featured in B/D!), Jeff Kleinsmith, theMiracle5, Dan McCarthy, Nate Duval, Darren Pasemko, among many other local artists.

I painted a mural on the window of the space with the assistance of Andrew Labaneris, Jennifer Asch, Grace Song, and Cassie Lee. It was rough because I've been working 2 day jobs 6 days a week. I took the train up every day in the afternoon for 4 days. I don't paint much, though I'd like to paint more. This mural took a lot longer than I think it should have but I learned a lot from doing something this large for the first time and having never painted on glass. I feel pretty proud of this one. Thanks to my friends for helping me get it done.

Here's a link to the show pictures- BARE KNUCKLE BRAWLERS BOSTON

Here's some pictures from the mural painting process.











No comments:

Post a Comment